Sunday, July 20, 2008

Darkness and Light

Sunday: A busy day with family, as the mil arrived, and I was not expecting to be able to run. However, I tried my luck during a quiet time, and jumped at the opportunity when it arose. Obsessive about running? Moi? ;o) I was so very keen to run, unwanted relatives were due to arrive later, so this was my chance to work out all the anger/frustration in me, leaving only a calm and collected woman to face 'the darkness'. One problem - I awoke today feeling like the tonsil infection of some weeks ago was coming back. My throat ached, I felt incredibly lethargic and I wasn't 'with it'. Lots of painkillers and fluids kept me going and got me feeling near normal fast. I got out to run around 8pm, very late for me, but it was still very light outside. I kept a very slow pace, resisting the urge to go very fast; the nose was sniffly and the throat ached, which made the tough bits even tougher. Great trainer wanted 50mins today and keeping the pace slow was key to making me hit that target. This has been the first week since I started the half marathon programme, that I have stuck 100% to what great trainer instructed, which has pleased me hugely. In 50mins 10 secs, I covered 4.85miles. Post-run, I felt good and strong, but later, I was back to feeling rather lethargic and down, from the sniffly nose and aching throat. But running for 50mins non stop had me smiling for the rest of the evening; even in the darkness, one can find a ray of light, peeping through :o)

No comments: