Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rest And Appreciation

Wednesday: Rest day (finally). Great trainer wants me training 5 days a week, feels strange not to be resting every other day, or after two days. Today was spent busy with family commitments. The right foot didn't ache so much today, thankfully, but it's still a pain. I suppose it's best to stick to the doctor's appointment on Friday, for reassurance. I am considering moving my blog to fetch, I've known about their blog facility for a while, but having begun on blogger, I thought it too much hassle to move; however, since I am on fetch daily anyway, it really does make sense to have my blog there. I've enquired about moving all my blog entries to fetch. Good news from my injured friend, walking and cycling miles and miles, making really good progress, and has an op next Friday. All being very well, then my friend plans to make the Glasgow Half :o) Having watched a runner go through the trials and tribulations of injury, it's been a constant reminder that I must appreciate my running, no matter how inadequate it might feel at times. I really hope the right foot's aching isn't a precursor to a real injury; as much as I find running very difficult at times and I question why I even bother, I would hate to be without it. I didn't expect to love running as much as I do :o)

No comments: