Sunday, July 20, 2008

No Rest For The Unwell

Monday: Last week was the first week I had stuck to the training programme 100% :o) Today's run was another unexpected one, I thought I wouldn't have time, but I snuck it in, though later, I had a bunch of family dismayed with my timekeeping ;o) Running feels like a break for freedom at the moment, it means a lot to have that time away. I wasn't feeling 100%, due to the nose and throat problems, and ran less than the 30min target. I did 25 mins 54secs, covering 2.8miles, and it was a real struggle, keeping the breathing right. I was still quite pleased to have dobe at least 25mins, feeling how I did, sometimes the running helps me feel better anyway. Later in the evening, I was surprised to discover great trainer wanted me to train again tomorrow, 4 days of running on the trot?? What happened to resting?? But I know this is where the training steps up a gear, it is getting more intense, and necessarily so - 13 odd miles is no joke, it has to be taken seriously. I just wish I felt better, these colds and infections are as bad as injuries, but I have no scars to show for them, so they don't feel as 'major'. Just as irritating, though, if not more.

No comments: